The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.~Marcel Proust
Workshop for Innovators
In today’s complex and rapidly changing world, organizations are being asked to do more with less.
The conventional way of doing business is no longer working. For individuals and teams looking to
think differently, work creatively and achieve greater results. Build your innovation skills The Poet’s Way®.
Questioning & Observing Workshop
“The real journey of discovery consists not in
seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes.”
~ Marcel Proust
Creating innovative solutions requires gaining unique insights into your customers needs; insights not uncovered by conventional customer visit interviews. Professionals from all functions can develop the questioning and observation skills to “see with new eyes.”
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
Create a learning experience to develop and cultivate a mindset of curiosity and questioning. Strengthen the skills of questioning and observation to assist participants in delving into “what is” and uncovering “what if” in order to identify unspoken customer needs and create innovative new solutions. Reinforce and integrate the learning by making it relevant to the participant’s function and role in the organization.
Envision & Experiment Workshop
“I have not failed… I have just found
10,000 ways that do not work.”
~ Thomas Edison
Innovative solutions are a result of envisioning of novel approaches based on new customer insights and making them real in the market. Going from idea to solution requires a lot of trying, failing, and trying again all the while learning as you go.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
Create a learning experience to develop and cultivate a bias for action; trying things in low cost low risk ways before the right answer is known. Develop an understanding and the ability to experiment in order to better identify and create innovative new solutions. Reinforce and integrate the learning by making it relevant to the participant’s function and role in the organization.
What Participants Experienced
- Asking powerful questions. Suspending their own assumptions and expertise in service of discovering new insights through questioning.
- Observing and questioning in the larger context of the challenge or opportunity.
- Planning and conducting a “real world” questioning session.
- Processing the answers from the questioning session using selected tools and techniques to gain insights.
- Working collaboratively to achieve maximum benefit of ALL insights and perspectives.
“This workshop is specifically helping us
90% of respondents stated they were “to a great extent” or “to a very great extent” able to use effective questioning skills.
- Building on and reinforcing lessons learned in Questioning and Observing Workshop.
- Framing and reframing a challenge — and the value of reframing.
- Observation Skills Workshop. Methods to envision potential solutions.
- Selecting areas of potential solutions to conduct experiments on to increase understanding and test their validity.
- Processing and analyzing the learning from experiments
- Working collaboratively to maximize the opportunity for innovative solutions.
“Tying prototyping concepts to actual development situations –
100% of respondents stated they were “to a great extent” or “to a very great extent” overall satisfied with the workshop.
Participants who have benefited from The Poet’s Way® Workshops for Innovators come from a wide range of groups within leading organizations; sales, marketing, consumer insights, innovation, R&D, engineering, operations and human resources.
WORKSHOP FORMAT: Each workshop is 2 half days (an afternoon followed by a morning) with 20-24 participants recommended.
It was the best decision I've made in a long time. Carolyn and Dan have a remarkable ability to see and help others connect with their authentic strengths, create a wellspring of possibilities, and leverage those strengths in the greatest service to the world. I crafted an authentic, creative, expressive plan for a critical transition in my life and had a blast doing it! I left with clarity of purpose, rejuvenated, and fully engaged in my chosen path. For anyone seeking this type of experience or embarking on an important creative endeavor, I highly recommend The Poet’s Way®.